Application Deadline: 7 December 2023 (5pm UK time)
Applications are invited for the Mastercard Foundation On-campus Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Edinburgh 2023/2024. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program aims to make a meaningful impact in addressing the climate crisis.
The program is dedicated to nurturing a community of talented, entrepreneurial, and compassionate leaders from across Sub-Saharan Africa. They empower young people with the necessary knowledge, skills, and networks to drive sustainable transitions by offering a range of exceptional sustainability-focused postgraduate opportunities through the Scholars Program at the University of Edinburgh.
This is a one-year postgraduate on-campus scholarship for the following programmes ONLY:
You must meet the eligibility criteria to apply:
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh for a relevant degree programme listed. You will generally need to have achieved the equivalent of a UK Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s (Hons) degree or higher. Find out more about the postgraduate entry requirements for your country:
- Applicants will have faced significant barriers to education (social, financial, personal, practical or health related).
- Applicants must have graduated from an undergraduate study by September 2023 and must have a degree certificate and official final transcript to upload alongside their application by 7 December.
- Applicants must be residents and citizens or hold refugee status in a Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants must have faced barriers to education and in their early career.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service within their community.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience, or at least ambition, in making a meaningful impact in addressing the climate crisis
- Applicants must be 35 or under as of 1 September 2024
- Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- If applying for the on campus Masters programme: Applicants should not have previously completed a postgraduate degree and should not be enrolled (or apply to enrol) at a separate university whilst on the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship.
- Covers full approved tuition, accommodation, travel, living cost stipend and study materials.
- A climate leadership programme to inspire and support Scholars in making change in their communities and countries.
- Additional support is offered to scholars with disabilities based on an assessment of needs.
Application timeline 2023/24
|23 October 2023 (10am UK time)||Applications open|
|1 December 2023 (5pm UK time)||Applicants need to have completed registration to scholarship application site, and completed the eligibility assessment and declaration.|
|7 December 2023 (5pm UK time)||Applications close.|
|Early February2024||On-campus (ODL) Interview shortlisting begins; both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified.|
|Mid to Late February 2024||On-campus interviews take place.|
|By mid March||On-campus Interview outcomes will be announced.|
|March – August 2024||Support provided through admission and immigration processes.|
|September 2024||Academic program starts.|
How to apply
You must qualify academically for admission to the University of Edinburgh. We require that applicants apply for this scholarship before applying to the University.
The Scholars Program will not accept applications submitted outside the online application system.
If you have any queries regarding the Mastercard Foundation Scholarships, which are not answered in the FAQs, please contact us at: [email protected]
For More Information: